Primal Post Workout Blueberry Breakfast Smoothie Recipe

I enjoyed a Primal Protein Blueberry Coconut Smoothie just a few minutes after a lift strength training workout. I will share the recipe with you below.

It only gave me 300 calories which was not enough but I didn't want a full meal since I knew I was going to eat at a local restaurant for brunch. There, I had a nourishing and delicious omelet along with a few non primal things that I will share in tomorrow's post!

\"Smoothie Recipe\"

This recipe is simple, yet tasty. The smoothie was fluffy due to the whey protein and not much else, however, if you add some crushed ice it should be less fluffy and smoother. Enjoy!

Primal Post Workout Blueberry Breakfast Smoothie Recipe

Primal Protein Blueberry Coconut Smoothie Recipe

  • 1.5 Scoops Whey Protein Powder
  • 1 C Frozen Blueberries (I used exactly 4.6 oz)
  • 2 Tbsp Shredded Coconut
  • 2 Drops Stevia
  • 4 oz Water
  • Add ice if you desire or have unfrozen blueberries

I personally prefer Now Foods brand of Whey protein powder. When you buy on Amazon in bulk you get a fantastic deal. Due to the fact that I live in Michigan, I picked blueberries from a local farm last summer. Several pounds worth of blueberries are still stored in the freezer from last year. If you have fresh blueberries then add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of ice or as desired to decrease the temperature.

The 2 drops of stevia added a little sweetness. The powder version of stevia is a lot better but a couple of liquid drops will do.

Quick Nutrition Breakdown

  • 297 Calories
  • 38.8 g Protein, 20 g Carbs (5 from fiber)
  • Trace amounts of some vitamins and minerals

At less than 300 calories, this smoothie is perfect as a snack or as a "side dish" in a larger meal. It is a decent dose of protein. Three jumbo eggs cooked in coconut oil, butter or lard would be a great complimentary food to this smoothie. Eggs are one of the most nutrient dense foods on the planet as well as one of the cheapest.

If you do enjoy this smoothie with eggs then be sure to eat the entire egg. The yolk is the most nutritious part of the egg and the cholesterol content has zero effect on your risk for heart disease.

Cost Breakdown - .43

  • Whey Protein from Amazon - 90 cents
  • Shredded Coconut from Amazon - 7 cents
  • I-Pick Blueberries from Local Farm - 46 cents

This meal is not cheap but is not expensive either. If you double the recipe than most people have a full meal for under .

Primal Post Workout Blueberry Breakfast Smoothie Recipe

For more incredibly tasting, healthy primal/paleo smoothie recipes, please check out my blog @ http://primaltoad.com. For tips on how to live a vibrant, healthy, fun lifestyle then sign up for my newsletter @ http://primaltoad.com/newsletter.