Low Carb Raw Chocolate Almond Smoothie Recipe (Paleo, Primal)

The following smoothie recipe has almonds and chocolate. It has 0 grams of sugar. It may have 20 grams of carbs but 9 of those are from fiber which pass right through your body. It has no fructose which is the worst sugar.

If you are looking to lose weight then consuming less carbs then you do now is a huge step in the right direction. I don't personally recommend going super low carb at under 50 grams per day but you may want to try it for a few weeks. I personally stay in the 100 to 150 grams of carbs a day range easily without ever thinking about what I eat. I don't have weight to lose but I would love to lose body fat while gaining muscle to help lean out more.

\"Smoothie Recipe\"

This recipe will do the trick. Its very tasty due to the stevia. Do you have something against stevia? Please do not be! I personally know someone who has lost over 200 lbs by eating low carb. He is a stevia enthusiast. He knows everything about it! He is a huge inspiration to me and I want to spread that inspiration.

Low Carb Raw Chocolate Almond Smoothie Recipe (Paleo, Primal)

On to the recipe.

Low Carb Almond Chocolate Smoothie Recipe

  • 1 Cup Original Unsweetened Almond Breeze Almond Milk
  • 1/4 Cup Ice
  • 4 Drops Liquid Stevia
  • 2 TBSP Almond Butter
  • 1 TBSP Cacao Powder
  • 2 TBSP Avocado

What exactly makes this smoothie low carb?

About 17% of the calorie count is from carbs. Nine out of 20 grams of carbs come from fiber. Our body does not digest fiber. When the carb percentage is in the 10-15% range I will look at the fiber content and then decide if is low carb or not. This on qualifies.

If you are not a fan of stevia then adding a quarter of a small banana should do the trick. This will only add about 5 grams of carbs which is not much.

I buy store bought almond milk but homemade is always best if you do not add any sweeteners to it. If you do not have any almond butter on hand then feel free to sub any other nut or seed butter. Adding cacao nibs at the end will give the smoothie a nice crunch. The avocado is added for smoothness.

I hope you enjoy this recipe. I am a huge fan myself as I have been drinking smoothies regularly for more than 5 years. I specialize in primal/paleo/low carb recipes since that is how I live my lifestyle.

Low Carb Raw Chocolate Almond Smoothie Recipe (Paleo, Primal)

For more low carb/primal/paleo smoothie recipes then I suggest you try a few that I have published at my blog. You can do so by clicking here. If you want 20 smoothie recipes delivered to your inbox immediately then click here now.